Twelve students from Loreto Convent Msongari participated in a Design Sprint focused on the theme of energy. Participants were challenged to create and prototype energy solutions in under 60 mins. A design sprint is a time-constrained, five-phase process that uses design thinking.
The 5 phases were:
- UNDERSTAND (7 min)- List 5 energy needs
- BRAINSTORM (10 min)- Sketch 4-6 ways to improve the users experience
- REALITY CHECK (10 min)- Share ideas with team and get feedback
- PROTOTYPE (15 min)- Prototype the winning idea
- REFLECT (10min)- Reflect on the design sprint experience.
An affordable and portable device that can charge any phone. It utilizes piezo technology that can be easily integrated in a person's shoe. Therefore current is generated and stored through the movement of the user.
Hybrid Electric Vehicle
An electric vehicle that is powered not only through electricity by also fuel that is obtained through the process of pyrolysis. Pyrolysis oil is extracted by biomass to liquid technology of destructive distillation from dried biomass in a reactor at temperature of about 500 °C with subsequent cooling.